In light of the coronavirus crisis facing the world, it has been decided that the International Paint Poole Regatta will unfortunately not be able to take place on the 23rd-25th May this year. The decision is one which the committee have taken with heavy hearts, but the safety of everyone involved is paramount and running the regatta in any format during May would risk comprising that.
With so many other key events from the yachting calendar already being postponed to later in the year, it has been decided that there are not enough weekends remaining in 2020, after the expected peak of the Coronavirus crisis occurs allowing gatherings to take place again. Due to this, the regatta will not take place until 2021 at the earliest. There remain many questions over how quickly life will return to normal.
As such the committee want to know your thoughts. Should the International Paint Poole Regatta be postponed to 2021 with it running biannually from then, or should the next regatta run as per the existing schedule in 2022, where plans were already underway to potentially bring a European championship to Poole for the biggest and best regatta yet? Email your response to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entrants are able to receive a refund of their entry fees (minus a 4% PayPal charge) or roll their entry over to the next regatta at the current price. The committee will be in touch with those who have entered to find out which option they would prefer.